Sunday, October 2, 2011

What I do...presentation boards

So a large majority of design blog posts feature "top pick" products, and "other people's photos that I like" posts. While these are great, and I will do some, I am trying to put out some unique posts and information. Here is a little glimpse into some more personal aspects in the life of a designer.

The presentation board is a standard way us designers show our vision for a space. There is a tremendous amount of work, thought, sourcing, and creativity that goes into a complete conceptual plan for a space. Here are some samples of specific project boards I have come up with lately.



A punchy and bright palette. Something I don't get to do all that often.


Here is a sophisticated, modern style with toned down organic finishes.




Ahhh...I am excited to post some pictures of this almost complete full restaurant design in Huntington Beach. Here I kept it clean, but mixed it up with a variety of materials and textures. I love all of this!











A strictly traditional, and classic to the T room.





A corporate interior in Southern California. The owner wanted a modern dynamic space, with an organic, and "zen" feel.




If you had to choose one of these to be your room...what is your pick?



3 comments:

  1. Punchy and bright! I love color. Love them all though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bright and punchy", I always say... But if I could really have ANY room, it would be from the family room you did on Showdown... LOOOOOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you using bulletin boards as your presentation board? great idea!

    ReplyDelete