Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sofa arms 101

When it comes to sofa arms I may be to prejudice. I don't have much against them but for the most part, designers and myself are done with oversized rolled arms. The oversized rolled arm is too common and is usually associated with cheaper mass produced furniture.


There are plenty of other sharp looking options that I will try to source on my projects. Here are a few of my favorites.


I love the classic relaxed look of the "english arm". It took me a while to warm up to it, but now I am hooked. It is very comfortable, and fits the shape of your arm. I have this arm on my own sofa and have no regrets.

They are not high on the comfort list, but I love a thin, squared off arm. Add some nailheads to it and you are set.


Still want a rolled arm? That is fine. Try a smaller scale like the image above, it has so much more character.

For an updated look that is still comfortable, go with a wider square arm.

Another great look is to have the arm slope down toward the edge of the seat. It give a great profile.





No comments:

Post a Comment