Monday, November 1, 2010

Dining tables: outside of the box

A good percentage of the projects that I work on, involve sourcing a dining or nook table. When you think of a dining table, I am sure you typically picture a table with a wood top and matching base. This is typically what I end up using on projects, but every now and then I will come across a house that is very "brown". Depending on the style of home, using a wood table along with wood flooring, wood cabinets or built in's, and wood trimwork can be a bit too much of our fine grained friend.

This doesn't mean that you need to replace that wood table, but next time you are in the market for upgrading the dining room or breakfast nook, keep some alternative material options in mind:



Here is a simple copper based table, with a stone top. Clean looking, and easier to clean and maintain.

Probably not the most practical, but an antique mirrored dining table is definitely on my to do list.

I love this Greek patterned antique silver finish dining table from 1stdibs.com. At $30,ooo I am keeping my hopes lower than normal.Here is a very simple concrete slab top table. Love it.
A painted table looks great, and wears well also. Here is a Chinese black lacquer table. It will show every scratch and smudge, but it will show that scratch in style.

1 comment:

  1. I see how all of these tables could look great, except for the Greek one!! In what kind of decor could this table look chic??!

    ReplyDelete